“May you be at peace. May your heart remain open. May you awaken to the light of your own true nature. May you be healed. May you be a source of healing to all beings.”
– The Metta of the Buddha
Our students are trained to become dedicated, sensitive healthcare practitioners. As a result, they gain a deeper appreciation for their own lives as well as for others. They are encouraged to be creative and intuitive as they respond to the individual needs of their clients.
Our curriculum meets all educational requirements for national certification examination and state licensure as a massage therapist. Subjects taught in our 670 hours certification program and the number of classroom hours devoted to each is as follows:
Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Massage – 250 hours Examines the history, effects, benefits and procedures for complete body massage, includes practical studies and internship.
Human Anatomy, Physiology and Clinical Pathology – 148 hours Structure and function of the human body with emphasis on muscular-skeletal system, muscle origins, insertions and actions, infectious diseases and contraindications most commonly encountered by the massage therapist.
Functional Anatomy – 80 hours Applied kinesiology, biomechanics and movement science, exercise science and fitness assessment, core training principles, exercise modalities and program design, chronic health conditions and physical or functional limitations, nutrition, supplementation, lifestyle modification and behavioral coaching and Review for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Exam.
Specialized Massage – 132 hours Bodywork therapies; athletic/sports massage, chair massage, deep tissue massage, myotherapy, infant and prenatal massage and eastern theory.
Business – 32 hours Professional ethics, office management, basic bookkeeping and marketing/advertising strategies. Day and evening classes are available. Classes are taught in two settings:
1. Lectures for academic subjects
2. Practical classes for hands-on massage therapy techniques (some event participation required)
Enrollment is limited, so each student receives individual attention. Students are graded by written and practical examinations and must achieve a minimum average of 75% to graduate.
• Minimum requirements are dictated by state laws and enforced by the Massage Therapy Institute.
• A student must be 18 years of age or older, be a high school graduate or recipient of a G.E.D. certificate, and free of any criminal conviction.
• All applicants must be personally interview by a school director.
• A minimum deposit is required at the time a student is accepted.
• $7,600 for the complete 1-year certification program.
• $15/classroom hour for individual courses.
FINANCING OPTIONS :
In-house financing available.